via Divya Chaudhry, SALTA Research Coordinator
In an attempt to support each other and create more opportunities for collaboration, the research group will be hosting the following in the month of May.
- weekly co-writing/working sessions on Tuesdays (11am-1 pm CST) and Saturdays (5 pm-7 pm CST). Here‘s the meeting link for both sessions for the months of May and June. The first session will take place on May 18, Tuesday.
- In a usual co-writing session, individuals will work on their projects in small increments of time (~25 mins) with their videos turned off. At the 25 min mark, they have the choice to take a 5-min break or continue working. You do not have to stay for the entire time.
- Dr. Simone McCarter, an expert in language, pedagogy, and critical writing and the current Academic Support Coordinator at Vanderbilt’s Writing Studio, has graciously agreed to guide us through goal setting for these writing hours and making the best use of our time. She will join us at 11 am CST for the first session.
- If you would like to join the Writing Group’s WhatsApp group , please use this link on your phone. Use it to ask any writing or writing -group- related questions.
- If you would like to lead a session on another day/time, please reach out to me so I can help with its organization.
- Weekly Urdu learning community held on Fridays 11 am-noon CST
- Join us to get some dedicated practice on reading Urdu.
- Ritu Jayakar is organizing this group, please contact her if you would like to join.
- SALTA Material Development Resources folder – This folder will house any personally vetted resources shared by our SALTA colleagues. You will find speaking proficiency rubrics shared during yesterday’s s meeting in this folder.
If you would like to suggest any additional professional development activities that you would like to lead as part of SALTA, please do not hesitate to contact Divya.