Conference Dates: April 23-24, 2022
Via Brajesh Samarth
It is with distinct pleasure that the Department of Middle Eastern and South Asian Studies at Emory University invites paper submissions for the inaugural Emory Conference on Hindi Language and Culture. The conference will adopt a hybrid format—on Zoom and in person on the Emory University campus —and will be held on Saturday and Sunday, April 23–24, 2022. A comprehensive schedule will be provided prior to the conference.
In this inaugural conference on Hindi language, we hope to address the state of the art in Hindi pedagogy at all levels, to develop differentiated instruction materials which can accommodate heritage and non-heritage students in one class, and to address practical, pedagogical, cultural, and political issues that are related to the enterprise of Hindi and Urdu language instruction. This conference aims to provide a platform for academics, researchers, and teachers to share their thoughts, ideas, and research findings, and potentially to work together on joint projects and programs.
The theme of this year’s Emory Conference on Hindi 2022 will be New Directions in Hindi Language Instruction.
Potential topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Instructional materials for Hindi pedagogy
- Innovative methods in Hindi pedagogy
- Heritage learners in the classroom
- Joint approaches to the teaching of Hindi and Urdu
- Differentiated Hindi-Urdu Teaching and Learning
- Hindi language use in literature, print media, music, and film.
- Hindi linguistics, socio-linguistics
- Hindi language use in history and politics
- Hindi language and popular culture
Guidelines for authors:
- The deadline abstract submission is March 1st, 2022
- The abstract should be no longer than 300 words
- The abstract should present a brief characterization of 1) the problem or issue addressed; 2) relevant research to date; 3) the sources or methods used; and 4) the probably conclusion or main results
- To submit your abstract, please click on the following link: <Link online conference form>.
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: March 1st, 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: March 15st, 2022
- Deadline for Submission of Draft paper: April 15th, 2022
If you have any enquiries regarding the conference, please contact Brajesh Samarth at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the Emory Conference on Hindi-Urdu 2022!