The Department of South and Southeast Asian Studies at the University of California, Berkeley invites applications for appointment as lecturer of Hindi. The appointee will be required to teach two undergraduate courses for Spring semester, namely Introductory and Intermediate Hindi. Responsibilities include teaching, holding office hours, assigning grades, preparing course materials, maintaining a course website and compiling teaching materials and interacting with students via email, bCourses, and Zoom conferencing software.
- Open date: November 1, 2022
- Next review date: Wednesday, Nov 16, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
- Final date: Friday, Jan 20, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
- Basic qualifications (required at time of application): The applicant must possess a BA degree (or international equivalent degree).
- Additional qualifications (required at time of start): The candidate must have advanced fluency and literacy in Hindi, and proficiency in English.
- Preferred qualifications: An M.A. or Ph.D. degree in an appropriate field is desired, but not necessary. Candidates with language teaching experience are preferred, and those with a proven record of pedagogical innovation and teaching excellence are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching
- Sample syllabus
- Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these topics, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired at Berkeley (for additional information go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity).(Optional)
- Internet Link to Teaching Demonstration (Maximum length 10 minutes) (Optional)
- 2-4 required (contact information only)
Apply link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03711
Institute for South Asia Studies
University of California, Berkeley
10 Stephens Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-2310